150g Garlic in bulbs & not peeled
300ml Cooking oil
Salt & pepper to taste
- Put the garlic in a pot that is taller than it is wide & cover with cooking oil.
- Bring up to the boil & then turn down to a slow simmer for 2 hours.
- Remove the garlic from the cooking oil & place it in the soup pot with the sliced potatoes.
- Pour on the water & cover with a lid.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend with a soup gun & correct the seasoning.
- Strain out all the garlic skins through a sieve & add the cream to make it silky smooth.
- Serve piping hot with great bread.