115g Frozen spinach
Salt, Pepper & nutmeg to taste
140g fresh cheese (requeijão)
100ml Great cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C and grease & 25x33 swiss roll tin, lined with greaseproof paper.
- Defrost the spinach & squeeze out all the juice.
- Melt the butter & mix in the flour stirring over the heat all the time.
- When it gets a sandy texture add in the milk a little at a time.
- Stir all the time & bring it up to the boil for 2 minutes.
- Put in a blender and add the spinach & egg yolks.
- Blend well & check seasoning.
- Whisk up the egg whites separately and fold into the spinach mix.
- Pour this mixture into the tin and bake for 10-12 mins.
- Leave to cool.
- Beat the cheese & fold into the whipped cream. Season & spread onto the spinach.
- Roll up & keep in the fridge.
- Serve with great salad.